You can ask for the continuance yourself

You can ask for the continuance yourself, but you need a good reason for a continuance. Missing work, unfortunately isn’t one in the legal arena. I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area and see what, if anything, they can do. You may not be able to afford NOT to have an attorney, at least for an initial conference.

Check your local Yellow Pages for a legal aid clinic, they may charge fees, they may not, depending on your income, but whatever they charge, they are usually considerably less than private law firms.

You don’t say what state you are in, but why didn’t Citibank start the action in your state, your county? A local attorney may be able to help there.